[mythtv-users] videometadata restore error and schema

Captain Krypto captainkrypto at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 18:11:41 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I am a dumb dumb and accidently dropped my videometadata table from
mythconverg.

I was trying to restore it from a recent backup and I get the following
error when running the command:

mysql -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg < videometadata.sql

ERROR 1064 (42000) at line 3: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check
the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right
syntax to use near 'LOCK TABLES `videometadata` WRITE' at line 3

With the code in question being:

-- Table structure for table `videometadata`
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `videometadata`;
CREATE TABLE `videometadata` (
-- Dumping data for table `videometadata`
LOCK TABLES `videometadata` WRITE;
/*!40000 ALTER TABLE `videometadata` DISABLE KEYS */;
INSERT INTO `videometadata` (`intid`, [...]

Does anyone know what the issue with that is?  I ran the database dump using
the command:

mysqldump -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg -c > mythtv_backup.sql

And then grepping out the videometadata parts:

grep "INSERT INTO \`videometadata\` " mythtv_backup.sql > videometadata.sql

I would like to be able to recreate the table and the data using the backup,
but worst case, I can just recreate the table and run the imdb-bulk update
scripts.

Does anyone have the videometadata schema handy?

Thanks!
Dave