[mythtv-users] duplicate recordings, new card

Gareth Glaccum gareth.glaccum at btopenworld.com
Wed Jan 28 21:18:49 UTC 2009

Ok, I am being naughty, I am running slightly different versions of myth,
hopefully this is not the issue (given that scheduling only occurs on one
machine, I doubt it, however, the scheduler is the older version). I have
had a quick search for duplicates etc. through the list, but didn't really
see anything which matches my problem.

I have recently added the slave backend, with a DVB-S card (Hauppauge
HVR-4000 type). My master backend has 3 DVB-T tuners, all identical.
Before the upgrade to having a slave backend, the 3 DVB tuners were under
one listing source. I didn't really have problems with duplicates. I use EIT
for DVB-T
I want to use EIT for the DVB-S, so I set up a second listing source. The
problem is, that I am getting masses of duplicates. There are several ITV
channels (which I should prune down, but it makes for a good test of
duplicates). One example is copied below (actually, a bad example, the
program id is /NaBB and fp.bbc.co.uk/NaBB). But there was at least more than
one which did match.

        It's Not Easy Being Green: Dick and James take delivery of a
geodesic dome Leisure/Hobbies Dick's local pub sends out an SOS as their
fuel bills soar. Can Dick and James help them to tackle their enormous oil
bills? 2 - BBC TWO Wed Feb 4, 2009, 08:00 PM 32 mins
        It's Not Easy Being Green: Dick and James take delivery of a
geodesic dome Leisure/Hobbies Dick's local pub sends out an SOS as their
fuel bills soar. Can Dick and James help them to tackle their enormous oil
bills? 6302 - BBC 2 England Wed Feb 4, 2009, 08:00 PM 32 mins

[root at fileserver mythtv]# mythbackend --version
Please include all output in bug reports.
MythTV Version   : 17180M
MythTV Branch    : branches/release-0-21-fixes
Library API      : 0.21.20080304-1
Network Protocol : 40
Options compiled in:
 linux release using_oss using_alsa using_arts using_jack using_backend
using_dbox2 using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun
using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libfftw3 using_lirc
using_opengl_vsync using_opengl_video using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr
using_xv using_xvmc using_xvmcw using_xvmc_vld using_glx_proc_addr_arb
using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_opengl using_ffmpeg_threads
using_libavc_5_3 using_live

Slave backend:
[root at mythfb1 store2]# mythbackend  --version
Please include all output in bug reports.
MythTV Version   : 19829M
MythTV Branch    : branches/release-0-21-fixes
Library API      : 0.21.20080304-1
Network Protocol : 40
Options compiled in:
 linux release using_oss using_alsa using_arts using_backend using_dbox2
using_dvb using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_iptv using_ivtv
using_joystick_menu using_lirc using_opengl_video using_v4l using_x11
using_xrandr using_xv using_xvmc using_xvmcw using_xvmc_vld
using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_opengl using_ffmpeg_threads
using_live