[mythtv-users] Separate Libraries in MythMusic

C.T. Paterson i.adore.my.64 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 15:41:56 UTC 2009

With iTunes' ongoing abandonment of music DRM, my wife has "upgraded"
her music collection and now, sadly, wants to befoul my mythTV device
with her unholy mess of Cher, Kelly Clarkson, the Bay City Rollers,
and even others whose names I dare not mention.

Having a substantial, and all-quality collection of my own (I swear,
that Whitney Houston is not mine) I would prefer to be able to manage
things as two independent music libraries within MythMusic, but
googling suggests that this is not a feature available to me.  I also
considered creating separate "monster" playlists; one consisting of
all my music, and one consisting of hers - but there will be some
management grief as each of us purchase more music as time goes on.

I've got some crafted playlists, and that deals with things to a
point, but I'm not crazy about having to rely on it.  I like the
"smart playlists", but I gotta say, what I bought in the 90s and what
she bought in the 90s...well, no one should have to transition from
Nirvana to Mariah Carey unprepared.

Surely, this is a problem that some other folks on this list have had
to deal with.  What solutions did you employ, and how is that working
out for you?

Cheers.

--
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
                                        -- Thomas Paine