[mythtv-users] VDPAU support on 0.21-fixes

Warpme warpme at o2.pl
Thu Jan 29 16:43:43 UTC 2009

Jean-Yves,

Really excellent work.
Patch  working very well.
I have 1 question: how much ffmpeg in  0.21-fixes is older than in trunk ?
Why I'm asking: Few weeks ago I was testing trunk - and I remember that
at that time my H264 based HD movies were really nicely played by trunk
(I remember at that time myth was better than mplyer).
Now (with 0.21-fixes + vdpau) I experience rather poor playback quality
in myth (almost any movie has artifacts every few sec).
mplayer however plays all movies very nicely.
Q is: Is my issue related to older ffmpeg in 0.21 or rather my build
environment is somehow broken ?
SD based mpeg2 TV plays OK. Also I didn't discover any instabilities or
malfunctions in my patched 0.21..

Sys is:
0.21-fixes 19778 + Your patch
Nv 180.27
kernel 2.6.28.2
mplayer:ffmpeg 28207.16380
video GS8400 512M

thanx in advance

BTW: which HW deinterlacer is in Your opinion best one ?
Honestly speaking I didn't see differences between temporal & advanced.