[mythtv-users] Wanted : Small prebuilt frontend.

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Thu Jan 29 22:55:47 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 05:50:05PM -0500, Daniel Agar wrote:
> I was surprised to learn that the Neuros Link uses an AMD 780G
> motherboard with onboard Radeon HD 3200, and it's just running ubuntu
> 8.10. I had no idea ATI drivers were currently capable of decoding
> 1080p H.264.

...well. There's 1080p h264 and then there's 1080p h264.

I would be surprised if this box could handle what comes
out of an HD-PVR or what would come off of a bluray disk.
I'm very skeptical of ATI and so far the only Linux tech
that seems to be able to fully deliver on that sort of
promise is VDPAU.

OTOH, I could be "savagely" proven wrong. I wouldn't mind one bit...