[mythtv-users] Lots of confusion as to which card(s) to buy for vdpau

mythtv at blandford.net mythtv at blandford.net
Sat Jan 31 20:52:04 UTC 2009

Allen Edwards wrote:

> Check this out:
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/VDPAU

Thanks,

I have read all the posts in the mailing list and looked at various
vdpau wiki's including:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/VDPAU
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VDPAU
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nvidia_PureVideo

It is still very difficult that find any cards that matched what I was
looking for so I was hoping someone out there that had found something
that matched.

I haven't seen anything that answers:

1) Will the 9xxxx cards support 2x deinterlacing with mythtv ( ie, are
they faster than the 8400GS )
2) If so, which also support vc-1,
3) And which if any are low profile
4) and possibly even fanless.

I know this is tough to find because I been looking.

I would be happy making it to #2, but all the way to #4 would be fantastic.

Michael