[mythtv-users] MythDora 10 fresh install - frontend segfault

Jacob Steenhagen jacob at steenhagen.us
Sat Jan 31 21:44:35 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 4:19 PM, Andrew Burgess <aab at cichlid.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 2009-01-31 at 16:00 -0500, Jacob Steenhagen wrote:
>
> > Jan 31 15:45:43 mythtv kernel: mythfrontend[6159]: segfault at 35a0300
> > ip 035a0300 sp af54f35c error 4 in libFLAC.so.8.2.0[35e7000+3e000]
> > ----------- End Paste -----------
> > It always seems to be a different library that's listed at the end, so
> I'm really not sure
> > where to go from here. I've checked 'yum update' and it says my system is
> up to date.
>
> Random segfaults can be a symptom of memory problems.
> Anything change recently? (overclock in BIOS, new memory, loose memory)
> memtest86?
> HTH

I added a new tuner card (the HVR 1250) and a larger hard drive. I also
completely reformatted the box. It's random, but it's not. The same action
causes it ever time (exiting from viewing video). It doesn't matter if I
just booted the box, started live TV and exited 5 seconds later or if I've
been running for a while, go to Live TV, spend some time there (changing
channels, wishing it had sound, etc) then exit. It's not until I exit that
the crash happens. So while it's different modules being recorded in the
syslog, it's the same action causing it.

I suppose it's possible it's crashing when I go into the video and I just
don't notice it until I exit, but the OSD works fine (not sure if that's
related the the frontend process or not).

--
http://jacob.steenhagen.us