[mythtv-users] Interfacing Zotac IONITX to Analog TV

Jeff Wormsley daworm at comcast.net
Wed Jul 1 13:28:15 UTC 2009

Jim Stichnoth wrote:
> My goal would be to build one small, silent, low-cost, low-power
> frontend that works with any TV or monitor that you have.  Sure, the
> 9400 would be overkill for standard definition, but it's just fine for
> high definition and then you have a single future-proof box.

Actually, the 9400 would still be needed even if your output was to an
SD TV, if what you are recording is HD.  My house has more SD sets than
HD.   I record all I can in HD, and it would be nice to be able to view
that HD content on my SD sets with a small quiet box.  I've never
managed to get my AppleTV to do that (I know some have, but I've not
been able to myself).

Jeff.

--
I haven't smoked for 2 years, 10 months and 2 weeks, saving $4,722.40
and not smoking 31,482.72 cigarettes.