[mythtv-users] LiveTV conflicts with scheduled recording - despite unused tuners on the same box!

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Jul 1 20:15:31 UTC 2009

On 07/01/2009 04:07 PM, stuart wrote:

> Hi...
>
> What does your myth setup say when about to make a recording?  I have
> 2 tuners on a SBE box.  While watching Live TV, the front end
> announced it was going to start recording and gave 3 options: (I think
> they were) 1) Forget the recording, I want to watch Live TV, 2) Record
> the scheduled show later, I want to watch Live TV -and- 3) I will
> watch the scheduled show while it is being recorded.
>
> Well, the obvious question is: "Why doesn't myth TV box use the other
> tuner to record the schedule show?" And, yes, I did check - the other
> tuner is doing *nothing* right now while the 1 show and only the 1
> show is being recorded.

Because Myth is meant to record TV, and LiveTV is for people who haven't
figured out how to use a DVR.  :)

If you want to ensure that Myth always chooses the
least-likely-to-be-used-for-recordings capture card for LiveTV, enable
the setting:

Avoid conflicts between live TV and scheduled shows
f enabled, live TV will choose a tuner card that is less likely to have
scheduled recordings rather than the best card available.

in frontend settings under TV Settings|General, IIRC.

Mike