[mythtv-users] FW: mythtv setup dvb and cardinput / capturecard

Manuel Kampert manuel.kampert at online.de
Thu Jul 2 12:07:04 UTC 2009

Hello!

It is now more than two years that I had started using mythtv. Although I
like it very much, I always have problems setting up my DVB cards with the
corresponding diseqc/lnb settings. My configuration is DISEQC -> LNB1
(Astra) , LNB2 (Hotbird).  Of course these connections are mutually
exclusive.

Sometimes mythtv-setup created multiple instances of my DVB-Card in the
capturecards table for each connected lnb for the card, sometimes I get only
one card in the capturecard table and multiple instances in the cardinput
table - even if I do the same settings in mythtv-setup.

Now I started testing the current trunk and I have again trouble setting up
my card. I get a card inserted in the capturecard table for each LNB
connected. I get no instances in the cardinput table. Now I would like to
ask you if this is now the correct setup? Why is there not one capturecard
connected to one cardinput entry for each LNB? This would also reflect the
mutually exclusive connections to LNB1 and LNB2. What are the correct
settings for the Input Groups in "Connections" with my setup?

I have done a fresh installation and started with an empty database. Any
hint would be great!

Best Regards,

  Manuel