[mythtv-users] LiveTV conflicts with scheduled recording - despite unused tuners on the same box!

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Jul 2 16:15:01 UTC 2009

On 07/02/2009 02:17 AM, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> On Thursday 02 July 2009 02:11:49 David Brodbeck wrote:
>
>> Michael T. Dean wrote:
>>> ...and, even though I have 4 free inputs--I can't be bothered to exit
>>> LiveTV and re-enter it...
>>>
>> What I wonder is why Myth isn't smart enough, if an input is in use, to
>> check whether the same channel is available on another input instead of
>> forcing the user to bail out.  This could be useful in other situations,
>> too -- e.g., if the input fails to gain a lock, or if the channel change
>> script fails, it'd be nice to have the recording "fail over" to another
>> input.
>>
> That would probably be more optimal. As they say, "patches welcome!" ;)

Oh, there is also an option (that I thought was trunk only, but turns
out it's also in -fixes--thanks for mentioning it, Shane):

Allow live TV to move scheduled shows
If enabled, scheduled recordings will be moved to other cards (where
possible), so that live TV will not be interrupted.

So, likely the real problem is that the user isn't smart enough to
enable that option (which defaults to false).  ;)

Mike