[mythtv-users] myblaster and new dish stb. *sigh*

Jeff junk_inbox at verizon.net
Thu Jul 2 17:19:13 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 11:06 PM, Ajay Sharma <ajayrockrock at gmail.com> wrote:

> I grabbed the latest copy from source forge (1.4.1) and it doesn't have the
> learning code in there.  I only found it from that other site.
> And just to give you guys an update, I can't learn anything from my remote
> because it's a UHF remote and not an IR remote.  So frustrating....
>
> --Ajay

Ajay,

  I have Dish too, and the UHF remotes also transmit the IR codes at the
same time. ;-)  (Look at it with a camcorder or cell phone camera while
pushing some buttons, and you'll see... ;-) )  -- so you *could* have
learned it, if you had to...  ;-)

  I'm just glad that your Dish receiver doesn't *require* the UHF control
only, otherwise you wouldn't be able to control it with myth.  Thankfully,
most (all?) of the recent dish receivers that can be controlled by UHF also
work with IR.  (As is the case with my Dish 510 units)

J-e-f-f-A