[mythtv-users] LiveTV conflicts with scheduled recording - despite unused tuners on the same box!

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Jul 2 22:54:59 UTC 2009

On Thursday 02 July 2009 16:49:12 Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> On Fri, 3 Jul 2009 01:33:39 am Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> > > I can't, however, help you out with the problem that it takes too long
> > > to decide what to watch.
> >
> > I can. I set up low priority rules to record everything with "Pilot"
> > in the description and whatever schedulesdirect tells me is the first
> > and second airing of a program. That generally gives me enough of an
> > idea of what's new and if I actually want to watch it.
>
> Hint - a *large* number of Myth users actually live outside the USA - you
> know those strange foreign states like Australia where they speak funny,
> have the wrong number of stars on the flag and don't get SchedulesDirect.

You forgot driving on the wrong side of the road :-)

In truth, I'm amazed how many non-USA users MythTV has, sometimes it seems
like the Yanks are in them minority.

It is a USA-based project, so some folks do tend to forget the wide range it
has. I've probably been guilty of that at times, and if so, I apologize.

It speaks well for Myth that it adapts so well to "foreign" settings.

--
Brian Wood
beww at beww.org