[mythtv-users] Failed HD-PVR recordings

Brad DerManouelian bderman at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 03:27:52 UTC 2009

On Jul 2, 2009, at 8:11 PM, Christopher Meredith wrote:

> Do you have your STB set up to force 720p or 1080i all the time? The
> hdpvr still doesn't like resolution changes and that can cause the
> driver to crash sometimes.

I thought this might be the problem, but I thought work was done to
prevent crashes during resolution changes. Anyway, I can't set my
STB's to output a particular resolution. I can set the max resolution,
but it will output whatever it is sent (including changing resolutions
mid-stream for commercials).

If anyone knows a secret way to force a resolution out of a DHC-6416,
it would be a place to start.

This being said, I still don't think it's actually the cause of the
problem since I can reboot everything and start with a bad recording
without any resolution change.

Thanks,

Brad