[mythtv-users] LiveTV conflicts with scheduled recording - despite unused tuners on the same box!

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Fri Jul 3 19:44:49 UTC 2009

Brian Wood wrote:
> On Friday 03 July 2009 10:15:57 R. G. Newbury wrote:
>> Brian Wood wrote:
>
>>> In truth, I'm amazed how many non-USA users MythTV has, sometimes it
>>> seems like the Yanks are in them minority.
>>>
>>> It is a USA-based project, so some folks do tend to forget the wide range
>>> it has. I've probably been guilty of that at times, and if so, I
>>> apologize.
>>>
>>> It speaks well for Myth that it adapts so well to "foreign" settings.
>> Chris Peterson grabbed this data somehow for visitors to mythtv.org. I
>> *think* these are unique visitors:
>>
>> 1.  United States   119,664
>> 2.  United Kingdom  24,158
>> 3.  Germany         21,348
>> 4.  Australia       19,392
>> 5.  Canada          14,460
>> 6.  Netherlands     7,550
>> 7.  France          6,806
>> 8.  Sweden          6,149
>> 9.  Italy           5,677
>> 10. Spain           5,544
>
> Wow, and I know there are users in countries not represented on the above
> list.
>
> Yanks (like me) are particularly good (or bad?) at ignoring the rest of the
> world.
>
> The recent discussion of SCART connectors shows Myth is definitely not a
> USA-only project.
>
> Of course not every visitor to the site runs Myth. The "bounce rate" would be
> interesting, users who view a page or two and then leave.
>
> But if even 10% of the visitors actually run Myth, wow...
>
> I'd be curious how many subscribe to Schedules Direct, but I guess it's really
> none of my business, just curiosity.

As for Schedules Direct there are a large number of softwware programs
which can (and do) access SD. Go to the home page
(www.schedulesdirect.org) and onn the left you will see a link for
'Approved  Apps' which takes you to a page listing 46 separate packages.

And while this thread is going this far OT. anyone outside of Canada and
the US, should take a minute to fill  out the Survey on the 'Surveys'
page. SD is looking for expressions of interest to expand it's services
offshore.

Geoff