[mythtv-users] LCD doesn't work after kernel update

Jay Foster jayf0ster at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jul 4 01:06:36 UTC 2009

I'm using mythbuntu 8.10 0.21-fixes and got my iMON LCD device working
last month.  I just installed the kernel update from the mythbuntu
updates and the LCD isn't working properly anymore.  I did recreate the
symbolic links in the /lib/modules/... directories for lirc_dev and
lirc_imon.  (updated from 2.6.27-14-generic to 2.6.27-14-generic)

Before the update, the LCD display would start during the boot process
and MythTV would use it just fine.  Now, the LCD does not start during
boot, but I can manually do "sudo service LCDd restart" and it starts up
with the default LCDproc Serv message.  However, MythTV doesn't display
anything on it anymore.  I've checked the MythTV configuration and the
use LCD device is still configured.  All of my LCDd.conf files and
startup scripts are intact.   dmesg and /var/log/messages doesn't show
any clues.  Why won't the LCD start at boot and why won't MythTV use the
LCD anymore?