[mythtv-users] Best strategy to intermix DVB-T & DVB-S cards in a single backend

Andrew Herron totallymaxed at gmail.com
Sun Jul 5 09:33:07 UTC 2009

Hi there,

I'm a new MythTV 0.21 user (had it installed about a week on Ubuntu 8.10)
and I am trying to get to grips with how to best manage a backend that has
both DVB-S & DVB-T tuners. The main problem i have noticed is that if I
reboot the backend the cards of course are detected by the system in a
different order...so my backend then gets confused about which is DVB-T &
which is DVB-S.

Is there a way to work around this tuner card problem...have I missed a
config option (very possible!).

Anyway as a former vdr user I am really enjoying exploring all the features
of Myth (the MHEG engine is a revelation for me here in the UK...most of the
digital channels use this extensively).

Thanks in advance for any suggestions on the above issue.

Andrew