[mythtv-users] Best strategy to intermix DVB-T & DVB-S cards in a single backend

Andrew Herron totallymaxed at gmail.com
Sun Jul 5 11:46:28 UTC 2009

Paul - that page on using udev rules was really helpful. But how do I handle
the scenario where I have multiple USB or PCI tuners that have no unique
serial number of identifier?

My initial thoughts were to allocate all the DVB-T tuners to sequential
symlinks as follows (we have 6 DVB-T multiplexes in the UK);

/dev/dvb/adapter101
/dev/dvb/adapter102
/dev/dvb/adapter103
/dev/dvb/adapter104
/dev/dvb/adapter105
/dev/dvb/adapter106

And then do the same for DVB-S...but how do I make sure that each rule
creates a symlink that refers to a unique Tuner?

Andrew