[mythtv-users] Issues with mythfrontend

Manuel McLure manuel at mclure.org
Sun Jul 5 21:15:59 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jul 5, 2009 at 10:54 AM, Chris Poole<chris at chrispoole.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
> When I start the frontend it seems to freeze.
>
> Backend (same machine) seems to be ok.
>
> I've looked everywhere for what settings to change or may be important, but
> can't find anything.
>
> If someone could offer some help or pointers I'd really appreciate it.

Did you by any chance recently upgrade udev on this machine? I just
ran into a similar problem on my Gentoo MythTV system - the newest
version of udev eliminates the "udevinfo" executable which libmyth
uses in the MythMediaMonitor class. Mythfrontend starts, does all its
"caching theme" stuff - but the menu never shows up, just the menu
background.

To work around this, just symlink /sbin/udevadm to /usr/bin/udevinfo.
--
Manuel A. McLure WW1FA <manuel at mclure.org> <http://www.mclure.org>
...for in Ulthar, according to an ancient and significant law,