[mythtv-users] LiveTV conflicts with scheduled recording - despite unused tuners on the same box!

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 02:12:49 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jul 4, 2009 at 1:16 PM, Christian
Szpilfogel<chrisznews4 at rogers.com> wrote:
> R. G. Newbury wrote:
>>
>> Chris Peterson grabbed this data somehow for visitors to mythtv.org. I
>> *think* these are unique visitors:
>>
>> 1.  United States   119,664
>> 2.  United Kingdom  24,158
>> 3.  Germany         21,348
>> 4.  Australia       19,392
>> 5.  Canada          14,460
>> 6.  Netherlands     7,550
>> 7.  France          6,806
>> 8.  Sweden          6,149
>> 9.  Italy           5,677
>> 10. Spain           5,544
>
> Another interesting thing is that for the top 6, they are somewhat similar
> on a per capita basis except for Australia which is roughly double per
> capita for that group.

There certainly are countries in which myth is used quite extensively,
but isn't in that list. I live in New Zealand and maintain the
mythtv-nz mailing list (also archived on gossamerthreads). Myth is
well suited to nz conditions, apart from the demanding h.264/aac-he
that is used on DVB-T.This should be fixed when 0.22 is released, with
the ffmpeg re-sync and the availability of vdpau in -release.

The main bugbear with countries outside North America is the lack of
good listings. We do OK here, thanks to two alternatives: a good
webscraper [1] and also a nice program that massges EIT from DVB-S
[2]. We suffer from TV companies making a hash of their data, but what
they do make available is readily incorporated into myth.

[1] http://reven.co.nz/xmlTVNZ/Default.aspx
[2] http://nice.net.nz/epgsnoop/