[mythtv-users] gentoo, latest mythtv - mythfrontend has no text

Kingsley Turner krt at krt.com.au
Mon Jul 6 04:59:27 UTC 2009

Erik Hovland wrote:
> I booted my frontend this evening after being on vacation for a week.
> And up popped...no text. The interwebs are full of advice like setting
> DRI to off and XLIB_SKIP_ARGB_VISUALS=1. Those don't seems to work

I had this problem playing around with the video driver.

I had the theme background but no text.

The problem was twofold, but stemmed from me playing around with the
video driver - I had inadvertently broken OpenGL - but had configured
MythTV to use the OpenGL renderer for the user interface.

Repairing the video driver - GLX in particular, sorted it out immediately.

cheers,
-kt