[mythtv-users] LiveTV conflicts with scheduled recording - despite unused tuners on the same box!

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Mon Jul 6 17:59:33 UTC 2009

Janne Grunau <janne-mythtv at grunau.be> says:
> Numbers are visitors per 1000 capita.
>
> 1.  Australia        19,392    0.889
> 2.  Sweden            6,149    0.664
> 3.  Netherlands       7,550    0.458
> 4.  Canada           14,460    0.429
> 5.  United Kingdom   24,158    0.392
> 6.  United States   119,664    0.390
> 7.  Germany          21,348    0.260
> 8.  Spain             5,544    0.119
> 9.  France            6,806    0.109
> 10. Italy             5,677    0.095

I'm not surprised that the US is only in the middle of the pack; for
many years TiVo subscriptions were only available in America, aside
from a brief period in the UK. I'll bet more than one Australian here
got started with digital video recording through a US TiVo modified to
use the OzTiVo homegrown scheduling service. Even today, TiVo is only
available in a few places outside the US
(<URL:http://support.tivo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/40/session/L2F2LzEvc2lkL3FrRVhXOUNq>).

Also, 90% of Americans get TV through cable or satellite as opposed to
over-the-air, and I'll bet there isn't a single US cable/satellite
provider that doesn't offer some horrible atrocity of a DVR-enabled
settop box.

--
Frontend/backend:	P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array