[mythtv-users] Why do I need to launch frontend with "-O ThemePainter=OpenGL"? And what relation does this have with vnc?

Paul Gallaway pgallaway at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 14:51:17 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 4:52 PM, Matt Beadon<matt.beadon at gmail.com> wrote:
> I often check on my myth system over vnc since I don't have a keyboard
> attached but ever since I installed it I've been hampered by the fact that
> the frontend doesn't always update the screen over vnc.

I have a similar setup on my BE/FE closeted system with no keyboard or
mouse. I launch x11vnc with the -noxdamage option to allow for
refreshes to occur over VNC connections while using the "opengl"
painter. From what I have read in this thread by launching with the
command line option switch you were unintentionally switching to the
qt painter and resulted in an [unintentional] fix to your problem.