[mythtv-users] 2nd attempt, recorded files are empty

Peter Hocking peter at thehockings.org
Wed Jul 8 06:38:32 UTC 2009

Further to my posts/replies last week & the advice I received, I've
spent some time on #mythtv-users. The only advice of received while on
that was to change the Use Quick Tuning: Live TV only, which is contrary
to information I've found elsewhere when researching my problem. I'm
going to try it tonight, but I was hoping that some of you would have a
look at my set-up, which I've posted screen by screen shots of my
backend set up online.

In short, my issue is that recording programs using scheduling produces
empty file, but recordings started while watching the program on Live TV
are fine.

Heres the link, http://www.thehockings.org/MythTV/index.html.

Of particular interest in the Input Connections configuration which is
where it has been suggested my issue is. You can go straight to it at
http://www.thehockings.org/MythTV/Input/index.html.

Double click on the pictures to see a bigger version of the picture.

My apologies for the photos, being a newbie to Linux, I was unfamiliar
with the screenshot utility at the time.

TIA

Peter