[mythtv-users] Failed HD-PVR recordings

Phil Linttell phil.linttell at rogers.com
Wed Jul 8 12:53:57 UTC 2009

Hi Brad,

I have only an HD-PVR, firmware reported as 0x12, running under trunk
with which I'm recording everything at 720p with AC3 audio.  I have a
combined back/front-end based on kubuntu 9.10 alpha (amd64 and VDPAU,
kernel 2.6.30-9 at the moment.)

Yes, it's much more stable with the STB fixed to 720p.  I'll get
anywhere from 1 to a half-dozen successful recordings, and then all
subsequent recordings will fail, and LiveTV displays old frame buffer
information and refuses to start.  The only way to get it working again
is a hard restart of my back-end (power cycling the STB and HD-PVR, and
restarting the back/front-ends has not effect.)   I'm thinking the issue
is related to the hdpvr driver, and next step is to upgrade to kernel
2.6.31 and test with the latest v4l-dvb.

I also get "TONS" of (mainly ac3 decoding related) errors in my logs,
even after the latest FFmpeg sync.  Although this is less of a concern
for me right now to the failed recordings.