[mythtv-users] Database migration

Martin Ravell MRavell at Saba.com
Wed Jul 8 13:05:31 UTC 2009

Hi,

I've just recently built a new MythDora box to replace my old one which
finally carc'd it (after five years and various different distros and
versions).

The new system is setup nicely and has been running well for the last week
and a half.

Fortunately I managed to grab a database dump and the recordings directory
from the old machine. (It was the motherboard that blew not the disks)

Looking at the SQL it says (near the top) :

-- Server version              5.0.45

The new machine has :

-- Server version              5.0.67

My questions to the list are:

1.       Is there a known way for me to bring my recorded shows over to the
new database?

2.       Can I also get my history info so that Myth knows which episodes of
my favourite shows I have already watched (and do not wish to re-record)
etc?

3.       Can the previous two things be done without stuffing up the current
(new) database.

I've spent some time googling but with little results. Anyone able to point
me in the right direction?

Regards

Marty