[mythtv-users] Failed HD-PVR recordings

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 15:44:26 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 8:14 AM, Steve Heistand<steve at heistand.org> wrote:
> is it possibly heat related issues causing the failed recordings?
> the hdpvr units themselves that is not being able to stay cool?
> I do an average of 4-5 recordings a day and never have problems other
> then the occasional log messages of:
> 2009-07-07 23:31:05.217 AFD Error: Unknown decoding error
> 2009-07-07 23:31:05.225 [h264 @ 0xb70391d0]B picture before any references, skipping
> 2009-07-07 23:31:05.234 [h264 @ 0xb70391d0]decode_slice_header error
> 2009-07-07 23:31:05.241 [h264 @ 0xb70391d0]no frame!
>
> on some recordings but they were recorded and playback fine.

Those errors are normal.  They happen when it is trying to seek to a
particular frame, and land on a non-keyframe in the process.

I get the impression that you are running -fixes?  If so, you would
probably have more luck running trunk -- or waiting a month for 0.22
to be released.

My failure rate for recording from my pair of HD-PVRs is probably
around 1 out of every 500.  I recorded every Wimbledon tennis episode
over the previous two weeks, and did not have a single problem.

John
--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?