[mythtv-users] Failed HD-PVR recordings

David George david at thegeorges.us
Wed Jul 8 17:04:51 UTC 2009

On 07/08/2009 12:56 PM, Kevin Wambsganz wrote:
> Hi John,
> Sorry for the top post, but stupid verizon webmail does not allow me
> to bottom post.
> I'm using DirectTV as well.
> Could you post your channel change script or send to me?
> What model of STB do you have? I think mine is H21-???. I'm at work
> right now.
> What version of the firmware in your HD-PVR do you have?

Here is some useful information for channel changing with DirecTV:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Controlling_DirecTV_Set_Top_Box_%28STB%29_via_USB_or_Serial

The channel change script is in the External links section:
http://www.pdp8.net/directv/directv.shtml

I also have a DirecTV H21 using HD-PVR and control the H21 using
USB-to-serial cable.  The HD-PVR is using the 1.5.6 firmware.  No
problems here running it on a slave backend.  My H21 is still set to
output everything at 720p though.

--
David
http://pvrcompanion.com