[mythtv-users] Frontend vanishes when exiting 'Watch recordings'

Larry Finger Larry.Finger at lwfinger.net
Wed Jul 8 19:18:49 UTC 2009

Jim Morton wrote:
> Larry Finger wrote:
>>

>> If you change the execution line to '/usr/bin/mythfrontend >>
>> mythfrontend.log', then you also have a log entry of why it died.
> Will this give me a better/different/more detailed log than I get from
> "Mythbuntu Log Grabber" ?
>
> Where can I edit the execution line? This is a Mythbuntu system and it
> is set to autostart the frontend. When it quits I restart it by
> selecting it from the menu.
>
> Sorry to be asking such dumb questions, I'm a little lost in Ubuntu and
> the GUI. This is not a lot like Sco and AIX that I am more familiar with.

I'm not a Mythbuntu user so I cannot answer questions on that. My
MythTV FE/BE runs on openSUSE with a KDE3.5 desktop. I can right click
on the icon in the GUI's menu and get a new menu that allows me to
edit the start command. That is where you can add the redirect;
however, Mythbuntu may already be logging the frontend.