[mythtv-users] 2nd attempt, recorded files are empty

Peter Hocking peter at thehockings.org
Thu Jul 9 09:47:41 UTC 2009

------------------------------

Message: 17
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 16:20:48 +0100
From: Mike Perkins <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk>
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] 2nd attempt, recorded files are empty
To: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>

> > What happens when a recording is scheduled? Does it start and then run
> > for the entire time, or does it start and then die?
> >
> > If it starts and then runs, do you see it as recording when switching
> > to the LiveTV group but it stays at zero length?
> >

> > It appears to be recording the whole show. I use Mythweb to schedule my
> > recordings, (I have used Myth Frontend to schedule recordings with the
> > save result). When I go into backend status, it shows that the show is
> > being recorded, but when I go into Recorded Programs, it shows the file
> > size as being 0

You would find out more accurately what the back end thinks it's doing if you
look at the back end log. That should tell you when (it thought) the recording
started and stopped, which file (it thought) it wrote to, which tuner it used,
etc. Just using mythweb to ascertain status may not tell you much of the truth.

-- Mike Perkins Hi Mike I posted the logs a couple of times last week.
 From the logs no one could see what the problems was, but people
indicated that they thought the issue was with the Input Connection
setup & it was suggested that I spend some time on IRC at #mythtv-users
which I did. I'm pleased to report that the problem is now fixed,
changing the Use Quick Tuning setting from Live TV only to Always has
fixed it. I've recorded successfully several shows since including 2 at
once, (using both tuners in the HD Homerun). Thanks for your interest Peter