[mythtv-users] OT: SATA errors

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Fri Jul 10 02:02:52 UTC 2009

On Thursday 09 July 2009 19:56:45 Harry Devine wrote:
> John Drescher wrote:
> >> But how do I tell if the SATA ports on the MB are shot or not?  I had
> >> moved the drives around to the other 2 and the BIOS could see them.
> >> Wouldn't that mean that the SATA ports are OK?
> >
> > Do you have cards in the motherboard slots?
> >
> > John

> No.  I have 4 SATA ports and they are on the motherboard itself.

I think John meant do you have any sort of cards in any mobo slots? If so,
remove them if you can, and put them back one by one if that changes things.

If you have a spare HDD I'd try a fresh installation onto it. Sounds like the
system on your present disk is corrupt, but if this is because of a previous
problem or a current one it's hard to say for sure.

--
Brian Wood
beww at beww.org