[mythtv-users] MythTV on Embedded CPU

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Fri Jul 10 13:24:00 UTC 2009

On Friday 10 July 2009 07:03:14 YD wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am considering that poting the MythTV to STi7101 or STi7111.
> The CPU is 300MHz, and memory for system is 128MB.
> I know MythTV is made for PC like 1GHz, 2GHz with high memory.
> But the ST chip has the hardware decoder and demux.
> So If I am using that function well with MythTV, It will works.
>
> My concern is that it will take too much time and efforts on it.
> Is there any product or settopbox ported MythTV with real settop chip ?
> I could not find anything about it.
>

> And Please give me the advice on my thought.

All I can say is I wish you the best. Having a Myth frontend that will run on
a Myka or other NMT type device would be great.

I'd start with trying to get just the frontend running, not a complete Myth
system.

The AppleTV port, and MiniMyth would be good starting points. While not using
a Sigma type hardware decoder, they are steps towards getting Myth running
on "lesser" hardware.

Again, all the best to you and your project. I'm sure the folks here will help
all they can.

--
Brian Wood
beww at beww.org