[mythtv-users] OT: To boldly go where no-one has gone before

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Fri Jul 10 14:21:14 UTC 2009

On Friday 10 July 2009 08:08:39 James Oltman wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 5:32 AM, Gareth Glaccum <
>
> gareth.glaccum at btopenworld.com> wrote:
> > Somehow a recording got mixed up on my system this week.
> > Thought it might make a couple of you chuckle. This is a copy from
> > mythweb.
> >
> >     Star Trek: The Next Generation Lower Decks bds.tv/A6F9N4  Thu Jul 9,
> > 2009 (09:00 PM) 20 - Virgin1 Default 1 hr 2 mins 881 MB Delete Delete +
> > Rerecord
> >     Brand Could you go to work nude? The brave staff of an advertising
> > company bare all to improve productivity and communication, but will
> > their naked ambition produce results?
>
> I guess I didn't pay enough attention to that episode.  I had no idea there
> was an advertising company on board the Enterprise.  I wonder what they
> were trying to sell?  Weekend get-aways to Risa?  They probably figured out
> they could sell tickets to the near "weekly" mis-haps aboard the ship.

Lots of things are not shown that we all know *must* be aboard. I can't recall
ever having seen a Men's Room for example.

Then there is the symphony orchestra that accompanies most dramatic moments.
Clearly this is parasitic mass, so it's a little surprising they take them
along everywhere.

--
Brian Wood
beww at beww.org