[mythtv-users] setting up to "Watch TV" on mixed analog, HD comcast cable

Anthony Messina amessina at messinet.com
Sat Jul 11 15:17:45 UTC 2009

On Thursday 09 July 2009 07:58:04 am mythtv at derdev.com wrote:
> Q: How to "Watch TV" for both Analog and HD/Digital over Comcast cable
> when you have the PVR 500 and HDHOMERUN to view from??
>
> I kind of expected that "Watch TV" would have a sub-option that would say
> "There is more than one stream of TV content, which do you want?" (I had
> thought that would come from there being 4 tuners available!)

1. connect the hdhomerun directly to the cable jack (split off a connection fo
the stb)

2. set up your tuners individually.

3. scan for channels on the hdhomerun

4. create two video sources. call one something like Comcast Cable (FTA) and
the other Comcast Cable (STB) see: http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-
HOWTO.html#toc24.4

5. myth figures out which channel should be on which tuner, kind of.

6. i used the channel editor to remove the channels that myth can tune without
the stb from the "Comcast Cable (STB)" lineup so that it will never try to
tune to channel 11.1 (for example) using the stb.

I'm in downtown chicago  - went through the same issue.

8F89 5E72 8DF0 BCF0 10BE 9967 92DC 35DC B001 4A4E