[mythtv-users] Stuttering Video in some Live TV

Danny Fajardo br1ghtch1p at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 13 13:13:41 UTC 2009

I've been trying to find a solution to my MythTV problem. I have combed
the forums and although I found that some users have a similar problem, I
haven't found a satisfactory solution. The problem is this: on some channels
like Channels 3 and 4, I get terribly bad stuttering playback of Live TV.
However this doesn't happen with other channels like the BBC which play
fine, quite good actually. I don't understand while a few channels stutter
while most don't.

I have an AMD64 Dual Core, with dual SLI 8600GT Nvidia cards and a
Hauppauge HVR 3000 TV Card. I use the Nvidia VDPAU encoder although I've
tried different settings to the encoder to find solution to my problem.
Using mythtv -v playback I get messages such as ac-tex being
damaged, MPEG motion out of boundary, and NVP: video frames behind audio.
I've also tried different settings in the frontend but problem persist. I'm
sure the problem is not hardware because I dual-boot with Windows and using
Hauppauge propriety package I can watch Live TV there without any problem.