[mythtv-users] Dual-layer DVD writing: a quick poll.

Bob Sully rcs at malibyte.net
Tue Jul 14 22:23:55 UTC 2009

> Message: 13
> Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 19:47:50 +0100
> From: Shadowfirebird <shadowfirebird at gmail.com>

> Could you respond, please, if you've managed to write dual-layer DVD
> media?
> A simple "Yes" will do nicely, although details are good, too...

Yes, I have.

However, I haven't used Mytharchive for the dual-layer discs; for those I
use K3B to do the actual burn (after using Mytharchive to create the .iso
files).  This usually works well, but occasionally I get a disc which
doesn't play back all the way through properly (hangs up; sometimes I can
skip over the affected spot easily, sometimes I've created $1 coasters).

I have also noticed that some burners work better than others.  Strangely,
the one in my laptop works better than the full-size ones in my Myth box.

Bob