[mythtv-users] OT: To boldly go where no-one has gone before

Christopher X. Candreva chris at westnet.com
Wed Jul 15 02:15:26 UTC 2009

On Fri, 10 Jul 2009, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> On 07/10/2009 01:01 PM, Christopher X. Candreva wrote:

> > I've seen a lot of mixed up episode descriptions over the last 2 weeks
> > or so. I've been meaning to check if it's a schedules direct or Myth
> > issue, but haven't gotten to it.

> This will happen if you use EIT on a channel on which you also use a grabber
> (XMLTV or SD).  Are you sure you're not running in that (unsupported/broken)
> configuration?

This was exactly the problem. Thanks.

When I did the rescan after the analog TV shut-down, I had to enable EIT
while the scan happened, otherwise the scan was totaly broken -- it used
frequency numbers instead of chanel numbers, didn't pick up names, and
something else I can't remember.

Is this also known -- that EIT has to be turned on for the scan, then turned
off ?