[mythtv-users] Fwd: Pre-compiled win32 frontends

Greg Mischel Smith gregms at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 15:09:34 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 8:25 AM, Phil Wild <philwild at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2009/7/14 Owen Hollands <owenhollands+mythtv at gmail.com<owenhollands%2Bmythtv at gmail.com>
> >:
> > I have just had a crack at building a win32 frontend using the
> > win32packager.pl script.  This is a long process and in my experience
> > the results are pretty hit and miss.
> >
> > On my Mac I am using a pre-compiled frontend, which is available from
> > a few different locations.  I can't find any windows installer
> > packages online however.
> >
> > Would anyone have any win32 installer packages that they would be
> > willing to contribute if I was to try and host them somewhere?
> >
> >  Owen.

Arnon Meshoulam created a 64MB Windows executable MythTV frontend. I like it
because it has the same Myth frontend feel. While it still has a bunch of
bugs, it still technically works. I currently use it with Windows Vista
(though you have to copy the mysql.txt file to a different location before
it will load). If anyone knows if there were any further updates to this
project, I would love to hear. All I'm aware of is the original file that
was given on this list.
Here is a direct link to the app and below is the original e-mail Arnon
sent:
http://www.mediafire.com/?plbnz2xytoc

-Greg Smith

Arnon