[mythtv-users] Any one knows script/app to do change for title and subtitle in batch?

"José Tomás @ Chico" jose.tomas at chico.mine.nu
Thu Jul 16 08:43:11 UTC 2009

Nick Rout wrote:
> 2009/7/16 José Tomás <jose.tomas at chico.mine.nu>:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> TV Stations in Portugal are currentloy give titles and subtitles joined as a
>> title.
>> So records for the same serie/season apears as separed programs.
>>
>> Time to time I have to do some SQL work and also eliminating duplicates.
>> For example C.S.I is recorded as Title-"C.S.I. Sx Ey" I have to separate
>> Title-"C.S.I." and SubTitle-"Sx Ey"
>>
>> Does any one ear about any script that giving some kind of pattern does the
>> reorganization of records?
>> And also does any one knows any duplicate detector/remover?
>>
>> Or does already MythTv gives this and I'm being a dumb?
>>
>> Thanks all!
>>

> This question came up in the last few days, search the archive and you
> will find the post, and my reply which points here:
>
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/mythtvnz/362706#362706

Yup! It did, but no answer, this is just to inquire readers again...

But, since I have the enough SQL knowledge I already do the needed SQL
work, but every time I have to do I spent a considerable time doing some
copy pasts and text hand post-processing until I get the necessary SQL.
So my question still. Is there any script or app that we only need to
provide regular expressions do determine which recorded will changed
into a also regular expressions schema?

What I have been thinking is a cmd to be issued like this, for instance:
mythtv-update-record-title-subtile  -matchTitle:'(C.S.I.) (Sx Ey)'
-matchSubTitle:'' -setTitle:'$1' -setSubTitle:'$2'
$1 and $2 refers to first and second group of chars between '()'.

Should I post this to dev mailling list?

Thanks!
Tomás

--
*José Tomás*