[mythtv-users] OT: SATA errors

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Thu Jul 16 21:20:36 UTC 2009

John Drescher wrote:
>>  I'd hate to have to
>> purchase another motherboard, but if that's the problem, I will.
>>

> A $20 SATA card should solve this.
>
> John

OK, here's an update.  I bought a new internal SATA controller card from
NewEgg (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815280008)
and just installed it.  The PC won't boot from the HD.  I get "Insert
System Disk and try again" (something like that).  I can boot to the
LiveCD and see the HDs under /dev (/sda is my main OS disk and /sdb is
my storage drive for Myth).

I mount the sda1 partition since I know that's where my /boot partition
is.  I can see the files, so I'm not really sure why the system can't
boot from the drive.  I know that in my MB, there were options for the
Onboard SATA controller, but I disabled it since I figured that would
interfere with the new card.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I need to do to get the OS to boot
from the drive on this new card?

Thanks,
Harry