[mythtv-users] Suspend to ram with IONITX

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Fri Jul 17 12:54:17 UTC 2009

On Jul 16, 2009, at 10:30 AM, Marc Tousignant wrote:
> And now I have
> USB0      S4     enabled   pci:0000:00:04.0
> USB2      S4     enabled   pci:0000:00:04.1
> US15      S4     enabled   pci:0000:00:06.0
> US12      S4     enabled   pci:0000:00:06.1
>
> I then hibertate to ram, and watch as the system suspends and then
> resumes
> itself without prompting from me.
> Process of elimination identified the issue as US12 being enabled for
> resume. Incidentally this is the one that the Streamzap is plugged
> into. So
> I switch it, it is now in USB2, and the same issue again. This time
> tracked
> back to the USB2 being enabled???
>
> Does the Streamzap not support suspend?

The lirc_streamzap driver has suspend/resume functions wired up, so in
theory, it supports it... But its entirely possible its broken. Its
also theoretically possible there's IR noise that the receiver is
picking up, and triggering a wakeup (could try covering the receiver
to eliminate that possibility though).

> If so, which remote do people recommend for resume?

The mceusb receivers should be working quite reliably now, following a
one-line fix from Eloy Paris. At least, I've seen multiple reports
that it does.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com