[mythtv-users] Dual-layer DVD writing: a quick poll.

Gareth Glaccum gareth.glaccum at btopenworld.com
Fri Jul 17 14:01:33 UTC 2009

Yes, however, I went through 3 or 4 different brands of DVD media. Some of them had obvious flaws (odd markings on the media, diffraction patterns etc.)
The last brand I tried, I get around a 10% success rate. This was with 3 different recorders.

When I discussed this with two of my colleagues, they seemed to have had similar experiences, with other drives.
  Could you respond, please, if you've managed to write dual-layer DVD media?  A simple "Yes" will do nicely, although details are good, too...