[mythtv-users] Watching Analog Sources at multiple Frontends Simultaneously

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sat Jul 18 15:53:36 UTC 2009

On Saturday 18 July 2009 09:25:32 Andrew Herron wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a MythBuntu installation with a PVR150 that is capturing the
> composite output from an STB. I would like to be able to watch the Live
> captured stream from that source on multiple Frontends simultaneously. Can
> anyone explain how I can do that?

Watching "Live" TV is actually watching a recording, a little behind "live".

Although you might be a little behind "reality" you should be able to watch
the recording itself on multiple frontends, just as with any other recording.

Just go to recordings and select the one in progress, it will be highlighted
to indicate the "in progress" nature of the file.

Your system most likely won't have time to commflagg the recording, but that's
the price you pay for watching "live".

As a plus, each frontend can pause, rewind or otherwise modify the "live"
stream independently. Obviously you can't FF into material that hasn't been
captured yet.

--
Brian Wood
beww at beww.org