[mythtv-users] Watching Analog Sources at multiple Frontends Simultaneously

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Jul 18 22:36:47 UTC 2009

On 07/18/2009 05:14 PM, Gareth Glaccum wrote:
>>>  The closest you could do now is tell the first frontend to record
>>> the show (press R), then exit playback, then go to the next frontend
>>> and resume playback of the (formerly LiveTV) recording.
> Hmm, fwiw, I thought I had a closer solution. If you go to
> Media->Recordings, you can select the filter to show liveTV as well.
> Then select the recording you want and skip to the end.

Right, but that's not "follow me" (which is what I mentioned I was
describing in the part you trimmed).  By "follow me," I was trying to
imply, "I'm leaving this room with this frontend, therefore, no one is
watching LiveTV on this frontend, so there's no need for it to remain in
LiveTV, but I plan to continue watching the show on another frontend in
another room."  It's actually something that Pluto Home had (and even
had an ability for it to trigger automatically by following a bluetooth
device you carried), and--I'd assume--LinuxMCE had/has.

Your approach relies on the first frontend continuing to watch the show
in LiveTV.  When it exits, the recording ends (so other frontends can't
watch it).  If the user just wants a bunch of people to watch the same
show and is sure the first won't change the channel, your
approach--which is the same as that mentioned by Ben and Brian in the
1st two responses in the thread--is fine.

Mike