[mythtv-users] How to record everything all the time ?

Shawn Haggett podge at podgeweb.com
Mon Jul 20 04:01:38 UTC 2009

On Monday 20 July 2009 12:14:05 Albert Graham wrote:
> I must have broken something serious, because a how load of recordings
> kicked off, almost all of which fail to record anything, but now nothing
> is showing in upcoming recordings ?
>
> What could have broken - I have hundreds of Recording Schedules all of
> which show up in MythWeb under "Recording Schedules" but nothing in
> Upcoming recordings ? - via MythTV or the frontend ?

I've had something similar where my tuner devices will lock-up after some
unspecified length of time (I've had between 2-4 weeks without a reboot before
it locks up). Then because Myth can't access the tuners it decides it can't
use them, then because it has no tuners it can't schedule any recordings so
suddenly my upcoming recordings will be empty. A reboot of the machine
normally fixes it.

Maybe something similar happened when myth tried to record all the channels at
once. Have you ever had all your tuners recording at the same time before?

Shawn