[mythtv-users] Automatic zoom

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at computer.org
Mon Jul 20 10:56:04 UTC 2009

Hi!

I was wondering whether it is possible to have the frontend automatically select the most appropriate zoom setting for the content being viewed.

More background: when I watch TV (outside of Myth), my wide screen TV automatically selects the appropriate settings whenever the broadcaster switches between 16:9 and 4:3 aspect ratios, such that I always see all of the picture without any deformation/stretching. Of course this means that there are vertical black bands while viewing 4:3 content.

I was wondering whether Myth is capable of doing the same thing while I view recordings. I now have to manually switch back and forth.

Thanks, Jan