[mythtv-users] Remote Mythfrontend Problem

Steve Milner mythtv at stephen-milner.me.uk
Mon Jul 20 14:00:46 UTC 2009

On 15/07/09 10:04, Steve Milner wrote:
> Hello all.
>
> After several days of trying to understand this myself I must now ask
> for help.
>
> I have a remote mythfrontend and I am noticing a high level of digital
> artefacts while watching live tv (DVB-T).
>
> There are occasional sound glitches including (high pitched short
> sqeaks) as well as small areas (sometimes very large areas) of the
> screen which fail to update or contain grey.

[massive snip]

Just a random thought. Could this be a libmpeg2 problem.

I have differing libmpeg2 rpms on frontend and the backend.

backend:
libmpeg2_0.i386 0:0.5.1-5.el5
libmpeg2convert_0.i386 0:0.5.1-5.el5

frontend:
libmpeg2.x86_64 0:0.5.1-2.el5.rf

I have upgraded the frontend to the 0.5.1-5 atrpm binaries and removed
the rpmforge binary.

I now have a very long cable (although not x-over so I am hoping my
100/1000 ethernet will autoswitch) and I will test again tonight.

This is getting on my wick end!

As an aside I can record a live tv on the backend and the watch it on as
am in progress recording on the remote frontend in more or less
real-time perfectly but it's a fairly stupid way to watch TV.

Regards,

Steve