[mythtv-users] Nvidia with DVI-to-HDMI blank screen during boot

Gordon McLellan gordonthree at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 18:18:44 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 4:16 PM, zablal baz<zablalbaz at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey All,
>
> This is more of an annoyance for me then anything else, but I would love to
> know if anyone knows how to fix it. I have a GeForce FX 5200 video card that
> is connected to my 47" LCD TV via a DVI to HDMI converter cable. Whenever I
> boot the system, I have to wait for X to start before anything appears on
> the display. I don't get to see any boot time messages and that kind of
> annoys me. I've seen this behaviour in F8, F10, and F11.

That sounds pretty cool, I'd like to have nothing display until X is
running ... so I don't have to see the video card advertisement
(WINFAST Logo, not the nvidia thing from X), the bios report and
energy star logo, the preboot report screen, the grub menu and
countdown, and finally the Ubuntu boot animation.

I'm using a winfast gf 8400 with a dvi to hdmi cable, for what it's worth.

-Gordon