[mythtv-users] Flash streaming through a non-standard HTTP port?

Nate Bargmann n0nb at n0nb.us
Tue Jul 21 01:27:08 UTC 2009

I am using Mythbuntu 8.04 with Myth 0.21 (long in the tooth, I know).
I enabled the experimental Flash server and it works well on my home
network which Apache serves on port 80.  Because my ISP blocks port 80,
I have Apache serving the Internet on a non-standard port (with
authentication).  Everything about MythWeb is working fine except that
I can't play the Flash video. The player loads and the video thumbnail
is displayed, but when the Play button is click the player screen goes
blank and no video appears.

I find nothing in either syslog or the access log to suggest a kernel
firewall or Apache configuration that is stopping things.  Does the
Flash player use port 80?  If so, that will need to be addressed and a
new port assigned.  Where might I go about addressing that?

- Nate >>