[mythtv-users] Remote Mythfrontend Problem

Mark Garland mythtvusers at markgarland.co.uk
Wed Jul 22 11:45:23 UTC 2009

Hi Steve,

Your logs show the same as the issue I'm having, except mine doesn't just
glitch, it completely locks.

RingBuf(/video/1001_20090717183822.mpg): Waited 1.0 seconds for data to
become available...

/video would suggest that the front end is accessing the file directly and
isn't streaming it from the backend.

I've selected the "Always stream from Backend" option in the hope that there
was contention between the frontend and backend trying to access the same
file, and that this would resolve it as only the backend would be trying to
get the file.  Too soon to say right now.

I'm new to myth, so happy to be corrected by more experienced members...

MG